View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 01:23 PM
Jersey Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
But again, we are not talking about whether Dolan and Cablevision are right in their assumption and implications. I'm not looking to drag this out, but you must understand that it is indeed their implication. I'm not sure why your not getting this. I know for a fact that Cablevision will use any ruling in favor of a verizon claim of competitive disadvantage in an effort to get NFL sunday ticket.
...which was the whole point of my original 'incorrect information' post. Cablevision put out incorrect information regarding NFL Sunday Ticket.

Quote:
You say my arguement doesn't further cablevisions cause, and to be honest I could really care less about Dolans arguement, but then why is it that MSG and Cablevison are not allowed to make business decisions as freely as the NFL does with its broadcast rights?
The NFL opened the Sunday Ticket package to everyone, and cable companies were outbid by DirecTV. They balked at the high price. Dolan had the opportunity to bid the same amount DirecTV bid, and he chose not to.

Dolan is NOT making MSG available to everyone, he is withholding content without allowing people to negotiate for it. Do you see the difference now?

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote