View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 02:14 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Flyer View Post
You're reaching. You are now blaming Crosby for Guerin scoring 10 even strength goals.

Ya know, maybe Crosby realized that Guerin could no longer accept a pass without ****ing it up, and figured he had to score more goals because Guerin simply couldn't. And since Guerin was playing alongside Crosby all the time, where are his even strength assists?

But I agree, it probably makes more sense to blame Crosby for working on his shot, so I stand corrected.
Not really reaching... you're asking why he wasn't scoring all these even strength goals... well, because Crosby was scoring those goals. It's hard for lines to accommodate multiple trigger men with everyone getting theirs

So, without knowing that Guerin would be on his line, Crosby spent all summer working on improving his shot (which had been the one real "weakness" in his offensive game) and publicly spoke about it... and then came in and just torched the league... registering his first 50-goal season, all while shooting at a 17.1% rate (also the highest of his career). The ONLY player in the league that registered a higher shooting % than Crosby with 200+ shots was Stamkos at 17.2%.

Guerin had .31 assists/game last year... .03 off his career average. He's never been an assist guy.

Of course, I'm not the one treating a 21-24-45 season like a turd sandwich. I don't care who you're playing with, that's not terrible. This league ain't that easy to play in.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote