View Single Post
Old
09-24-2010, 04:50 PM
DubiDubiDoo

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
It was the same for me as well. I was very disappointed that MSGHD was not provided when I got fios only a couple weeks ago. Now, the only HD games that I'll see are on Versus or NBC. After switching from DirecTV, which was a family decision, since it was cheaper to have it, and have more channels, and the multi-room DVR.

What I don't understand is if you are concerned with customers leaving you because of 2 CHANNELS IN HD (MSG & MSG+), what does that say about your service? Shouldn't you be more worried about having it where you offer what is basically the same thing, yet people will choose you over the other company? This problem between Fios and Cablevision is more on the cablevision front then the Fios end of things.

With that being said, I'll enjoy my lightning fast download/upload speeds, multiroom dvr, all the movie channels, and my HD service without MSGHD for now. 21 of the Rangers 82 games will not be on MSGHD channels anyway (8 for the MSG2 and 13 for the versus and NBC broadcasts). So is 3/4 exclusively MSGHD that important to cablevision?
I think people aren't really paying attention to whats going on, this is important to cablevision for 2 very good reasons-

1)They own the Rangers, they made the investment to own a sports team for income purposes. Not to be told who they have to sell to and how.

2)Cablevision is a local company, with a customer base mainly on Long Island, verizon is a national company with reach nationwide, Cablevision is using any means possible to compete, and exclusivity of content is one way to do it. I'm surprised they let verizon carry MSG period.

Last edited by DubiDubiDoo: 09-24-2010 at 05:45 PM.
DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote