View Single Post
Old
09-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
I wouldn't be shocked to see Stepan, Grachev, MZA, and McDonagh start the year in Hartford.

I think EC takes the 1C spot to start the year. Anisimov as our 2C, Drury on the third, and Boyle on the 4th. Kennedy will be our extra forward.

Frolov and Gabs on the 1st line.. Dubinsky and Prospal on the second line... Avery and Callahan on the third, and Prust/Boogey on the 4th.

I'd love to see EC play terrible and basically force us to play Stepan. But, I don't think that'll happen. EC will do just enough to at least start the year on that top line, imo.

Frolov-EC-Gaborik
Dubi-Anisimov-Prospal
Avery-Drury-Callahan
Boogey-Boyle/Kennedy-Prust

I just don't see where Grachev and MZA play. I'd personally rather see:

Frolov-Stepan-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Anisimov-MZA
Prospal-Drury-Callahan
Avery-Kennedy-Prust or Boogaard-Avery-Prust? I kinda like Boyle in that 4th slot though. Gotta play Avery though. Wherever.

I think this board is going to collapse when Torts (deservingly?) gives the nod to vets instead of kids.

I don't see a trade happening either.. Sather's been true to his word regarding the core of this team, and a 1st line center will gut that core up. Look for one of those annoying low-risk/high-reward type deals.. Only player that fits that mold, imo, is Savard... Unless he comes cheap (Gilroy and washington's 2nd??) he's a long-shot. Who knows though? Maybe they'll have him just sit out this year and seek proper rehabilition (which, in concussion cases, is time).. Not sure how it would work from a salary perspective though.

Gotta keep a keen eye on AA and Gilroy tomorrow. Those two kids have a lot of pressure on them this camp. I'm confident AA looks a lot better this season. If he repeats that progression he showed in Hartford from his Freshman to Sophomore season, he'll really help solidy the spine of this team. And I think Gilroy is going to impress a lot of people tomorrow. I think some might be writing him off a bit too early.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote