View Single Post
Old
09-25-2010, 12:00 PM
PuckHogs29

vCash: 500
I was a little worried where the story was going at first, but yeah very classy move and something I always try to do. I liken it to when I got a shot to attend training camp with a minor pro team. I had no business being there but I got lucky, and the vets on the team couldn't have been cooler. In practice they made sure I got plenty of opportunities to work in on drills, passed the puck a lot, set me up for chances. In the scrimmages they treated me like any other player. I try to bring that whenever I play drop in and see the guys that haven't been playing long or are real beginners, or the guys who I really know but don't play as often or who are at the age where they're not going to get a lot better. It makes my night and there night fun to see them have success and put a few pucks in the net and get some confidence. I play with some prep school guys who are light years better than me who are the same way. When I skate with them I'm the hack who's just trying to keep up and not look too bad, and they still pass when I'm open no matter how many one timers I shank or how many times I miss the net. That's really what hockey is all about, sharing the fun.

It's quite a contrast from the hot shot college or junior players, or even worse around here, the Europeans who are constantly hammering their stick on the ice and screaming for the puck.

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote