View Single Post
Old
09-25-2010, 01:30 PM
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It doesn't, those are 5 on 5 numbers per 60 minutes of play.

And saying that they weren't good during the regular season... I mean, really? You can't chastise Guerin for his lack of production and when that is put against other players just say they didn't have good regular seasons. Guerin produced goals at a higher clip than 3 of our best scoring line players.

Had to be doing something right.
Seriously?

Guerin, playing on the top line in Pittsburgh with Crosby, with much more opportunity to produce in a scoring role, and you're comparing his 5 on 5 numbers to Hartnell, Giroux and Leino?

You're comparing apples to oranges in terms of quality of ice time and you know it. Why not put him against players in comparable situations for fairness?

Quote:
EDIT: Guerin's 5 on 4 rate was 2.00 goals/60 minutes (which was the best on the Pens for regular PP players). Lower than our team for the most part (better than Gagne), but that's not shocking because the Pens have struggled with the PP the last couple of years.
Wondeful. I was just thinking that we need help on the PP.

Quote:
...scoring 45 points in the NHL.... ain't "sucking." This league ain't that easy to play in, I don't care who you're on the ice with.

Guerin would also not be asked to play as big a role on this team, which would probably help him out if overuse was a factor for him.

However, until Lavi gives me a reason not to, I'm going to trust his judgment.
I'm curious Jester, how many times did you watch Guerin last year?

You can break down all the stats you want, and even skew them and compare players who weren't at all in the same advantageous position as Guerin, but I know what I saw with my own eyes 68 times last year, and it wasn't pretty regarding good old Billy.

Shadow Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote