View Single Post
Old
09-25-2010, 05:30 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
I think it's usually not very clear cut with good young players, whether they are ready to play or not. A lot of them need actual NHL time to take the next step, and a coach's confidence and linemates also make all the difference in the world.

So even if MoJo isn't completely ready to be the 2C or 3C on day 1, I don't think that should be a sufficient condition to send him home.

The way I see it, the Caps have 3 legit guys for the 2C/3C roles, and it would be nice if all of them could be kept in the fold, and battle it out during the season. I have a feeling that neither the SEL nor Hershey will do much for MJo/MP's development -- nothing comparable to what NHL minutes would do.

But it's a pickle. Sending MJo to Sweden seems a waste, sending MP to Hershey is not much better, Boudreau probably won't consider playing them together and sending Flash to wing..

I don't know.. in a way, sending MJo back to Sweden is the most conservative step. Nobody's feathers get ruffled, Flash and MP battle it out for 2C/3C and long-term future with the Caps. McPhee can get a vet center at the deadline if it doesn't work out. Then next season MJo comes back and one of Flash/MP is dealt.

But I would like to see the Caps somehow keep everybody, and then hopefully the young guys can play Flash off the 2C spot. Even if that means someone has to be taking 4th line shifts or playing wing..

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote