View Single Post
Old
09-25-2010, 05:35 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That's fine, I just think some are being overly cautious with the talk of him going back down, worked for Kulikov to stay up, same with Frolik a couple seasons ago. If it's best for him, fine, but it may be best that he stay up is all.
True, but the difference with those two guys was they already had the offensive part down, which is harder to learn than defense. I'm a firm believer that that part of your game can get stunted in the NHL if a player is rushed too soon, especially for a d-man. With Kuli and Frolik it was the opposite, Kuli just needed to sharpen the defense a little and Frolik mostly just had to prove he could handle the physical play. Even Tallon recently said when talking about Gud making the team or not, that they would do what was best for his development.

He's gonna be with us a long time, we can let him go to junior for one more year if he needs it. No rush. As I said, they probably won't know until after the 9 games though, so at this point it's still very premature. It'll be a long process and I'm sure they'll make the right decision.

Markstrom Rules is online now   Reply With Quote