Old
09-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Pwood
B-B-B-Bus can't swim

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pwood Send a message via Yahoo to Pwood
Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
No, I'm trying to assemble the best team possible, and if that means replacing one player with another of similar defensive ability but with better scoring ability on any line, then I do it.

Yes, certainly if there is a need to have a particular player in the lineup for a specific role or matchup, then you play that player. I suppose if the top 3 lines are scoring enough, then having a stronger, tougher, more defensive 4th line checking line would be the best way to go, for sure.

But, on the other hand, if the top three lines are not scoring enough (defined as 3 or more goals, with the Flyers goaltending -- as an example), then maybe you go with a 4th line with more scoring ability.

So, I concede; if the top three lines are scoring, then I will concur with going with the more defensive and tougher 4th line.
Which is exactly what teams do. Also, the Salary Cap makes it very difficult if not damn near impossible to roll 4 scoring lines. If you do that, you'll be sacrificing elsewhere (either D or goalie positions).

If you want 4 scoring lines, watch the All-Star Game. That's the only place you're going to find it.

If the Flyers could run 4 scoring lines that also play physically, they would. It's just not very attainable.

Pwood is offline   Reply With Quote