Thread: Speculation: Waivers...Anyone Coming or Going
View Single Post
Old
09-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bland View Post
The poor asset management was in giving him the 2-year, 1-way deal, albeit at a low figure for the NHL.

Parse has quick hands and feet, and potted a couple of highlight reel goals, but he's pretty light away from the puck and hasn't shown much in terms of understanding the pro game. I really don't understand why some of you guys get so excited over this guy - he's a dime a dozen AHL'er that came in and looked just decent in some protected minutes.

I'm not so certain that he has earned a spot on the pro team to break camp, and ideally you would like to give one of the kids in Manchester (whom you have more of an investment in) that shot to come in and play injury fill in or temporary minutes in a scoring role if they are playing well.

My concern would be that if Clifford, Schenn or Loktionov out play him and deserve that spot, that they would keep Parse around simply because they can move those three without losing them. To me, that's worse asset management than simply waiving Parse.
At first I thought I'd cut the parts I would agree with, but i found out I argee with everything you said here. Good post.

For what he is supposed to bring, on any type of line, he has proven nothing to say he deserves any role yet, even less with a one way contract. Anyone can spin his numbers, shooting percentage or whatever, but as a 200 feet hockey player my eyes tells he has proven nothing.

We want wins, via "tough to play against". That means the full surface as much as possible. If we want to keep our 09/10- level, and/or take the it to the next 10/11, that means we shouldn't be waiting on someone to catch up and "get it", if it (i.e. someone) is already there.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote