View Single Post
Old
09-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBear View Post
Two of the forwards will be sent down if the Ducks want to play with 14 forwards. Macenauer is a prime candidate to be sent down, since he is on a two way contract, is not subject to waivers and could use the greater ice time that he would see in Syracuse. Of course, if the staff thinks that he can replace Bodie, Carter or Chipchurra they may keep him here. Green is almost certainly going down, to lend a vet presence to Syracuse.
I don't know about Green going down. I read somewhere that the Crunch weren't too concerned with Jaffray's injury because word was they eyed him for Anaheim. Obviously those two are two very different types of players, but with Jaffray out for the year and Veilleux released, I'd say Green's chances of sticking are pretty good. Even better if they abandon the Ryan at center experiment and go with just two scoring lines in the interim.

Also, I can't quite remember, how early was Calder released from his tryout? Did that one go the distance, or was it around this time? If the latter, I suppose there's a decent chance we'll see Veilleux back at one point.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote