View Single Post
Old
09-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
I'm happy that he'll start the year in the AHL, and get call up opportunities as injuries happen.

White is a talented young player, who figured out 2-3 years ago that he needed to work a lot harder. Not making Team Canada as a Junior hurt him a lot, he had the talent and the numbers to be on the team, but his conditioning, or lack thereof, really hurt him.

Since then, I've only heard good things about his work ethic, and the effort on the ice is plain to see.

I think this kid really has a shot at being a solid NHLer, and I wouldn't limit it at 3/4th liner. His AHL production jumped from .36ppg to .55ppg, and I'll bet he makes a bigger jump this year. He has solid offensive tools, and is honing his defensive game, plays a tough game and has leadership qualities.

I think at worst he'll be a great bottom 6 player for us down the road, but I think he has attainable upside even greater than that. I could see a Brendan Morrow/Shane Doan type high end potential for him, but that's looking 6-7 years down the road.

in any case, he's a player that i'm glad we have, and I hope that we keep and slowly integrate into the roster

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote