View Single Post
Old
04-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Ismellofhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Yashin's injury doesn't explain his dwindling production. But, his relatively low (by his standards) numbers still exceed Koivu's output. He has 32 and 26 goals in his two healthy years on the Island. Koivu has not come close to either number.

The major difference between Yashin's recovery from injuries, and Koivu, is that Koivu is always hurt and Yashin is not. Yashin basically had one serious injury in his career. If he is healthy next year, there is no reason not to expect at least 30 goals from him. It would take a miracle to get close that number out of Koivu.

Molginy and Ribero is not a very good comparison. Molginy is far stronger and much more willing to take a hit to make a play.

If you are waiting for Ribero to "learn defense" you are going to have a very long wait.
You're purposefully ignoring Koivu's higher assist totals, Oates never was a goalscorer but that didn't make his career less worthwhile than Bondra's. Koivu's production beats Yashin's when assists are factored in, he's therefore been more productive over the past 2 years. What's Yashin's excuse, is it cancer? No that was Koivu's. Koivu's not been seriously hurt since that rehab (which gave him a lot of time to improve his conditioning) and nothing says that will change.

I've seen Ribeiro take hits for plays, I've seen Mogilny disappear for entire seasons and I think it's unfair to think the Habs can't be successful with Ribeiro. Colorado won with Kamensky and Kovalenko, Detroit had Kozlov...