View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 10:35 AM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Do not worry about Minnesota, their goalie can play 70 NHL games (talk about facts). How about the fact that Bobrovsky looks better then both Boucher or Leighton and it's only preseason?

My interest is that Theo is the only real NHL goalie left with out a contract and he is better then Boucher. Thats my interest.
How about putting the focus on your second sentence where it belongs. Who cares that Bobrovsky looks better in the preseason (and frankly, I thought Leighton didn't look all that bad against Toronto who was playing what looked like an NHL team while the Flyers were icing the Phantoms)? It's the preseason so does the fact that Darrel Powe is ranked 2nd on the Flyers in goals scored mean that he should be a line ahead of JVR who hasn't lit the lamp yet?

But, here are the top GAA guys in the NHL preseason

NAME GP MIN GA AVG
Gerber, Martin, Edm. 1 30 0 0.00
Karlsson, Henrik, Cgy. 1 40 0 0.00
*Markstrom, Jacob, Fla. 1 28 0 0.00
Miller, Ryan, Buf. 1 30 0 0.00
Sabourin, Dany, Was. 1 31 0 0.00
*Thiessen, Brad, Pit. 1 20 0 0.00
*Varlamov, Semyon, Was. 1 30 0 0.00
*Bishop, Ben, St.L 2 120 1 0.50
Bryzgalov, Ilya, Pho. 2 124 2 0.97

By your logic, I guess Dany Sabourin will compete for the job in Washington since he is playing as well as Varlamov and looks better than Neuvirth? Is Brad Thiessen competing with Fleury in Pittsburgh? Ben Bishop is outplaying newly signed Jaroslav Halak in StL so I guess Halak was a bad signing? And with how bad Brodeur looked in his one appearance, should we expect Mike McKenna or Jeff Frazee to be in NJ instead of Brodeur and Hedberg?

As for Minnesota, the idea of signing a legitimate backup has nothing to do with their starter being able to play 70 games, it's what happens if he gets injured (case in point, Harding). That said I wouldn't say that Theodore is an upgrade over Boucher (and clearly no other NHL teams thing he is an upgrade over their backups either).

Last edited by pelts35.com: 09-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.
pelts35.com is offline   Reply With Quote