View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 02:11 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
It sounds like you want to trade Gillies just to trade him.
Actually, no, I don't want to trade him just to trade him.

I wouldn't mind picking up another goalie prospect. I don't want to give up a current goalie prospect. I also don't want to give up one of our D prospects.

Therefore, we are left with looking at the prospects in which we have plenty; 3rd/4th line grinders. Also, you have to look at the market as well. When proven players that fit this mold are left jobless at this point, I believe that if you are able to move one of your grinders for something that you need (at least in the short term), they can easily be replaced by the Veilleux's or Belanger's of the world via free agency.

Gillies has an upside. He had that upside label when Risebrough moved up and drafted him. 3rd line grinding checker.

Gillies has the most value out of the pool of 3rd/4th line grinders that we have in the system.

Then again, my own arguments pretty much invalidate his value. If you can get a 3rd/4th line grinder for league minimum, why would you trade anything of value for a 3rd/4th line grinder that would have to be paid 1.1 million?

You wouldn't.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote