Thread: Proposal: Trade Dubinsky....... Now.
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 03:30 PM
IAMREALITY
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Is he untouchable? No, but the return better be a measurable, tangible upgrade. He certainly has issues with consistency, but we're not exactly teeming with replacements for him either. Truth be told, I think a lot of people are still clinging to resentment over the contract holdout last year.
I had no resentment for his holdout, nor do I consider labeling him as mediocre as being ridiculous. You may disagree, but I don't find your defense to rise above him being mediocre. An inconsistent hopefully 20 goal scorer being the go to guy on your second line is in my opinion; mediocre.

And like I said; it's more just a gut feeling. A feeling that his highest value is the value he's at now. I just see the chemistry of this team; the future of this team that would be constructed to make a run; just simply not including him. I make no claims; however, as to what pieces we would/could get or what the potential immediate replacement would be. It's just a concept I'm throwing out there, to gauge other fans' opinions and for the 'professionals' to give their insight as to whether it is or isn't a good idea or what could come from it etc.