Thread: Proposal: Trade Dubinsky....... Now.
View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
HockeyBurd*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
HockeyBurd the problem with your assessment of Dubinsky is he only does all of that when he feels like doing it.
I don't agree completely. He has never been consistent offensively in his career. But he has always been known as a pest and hard worker that brings it. That hasn't changed much IMHO. I think Callahan is just as frequently "invisible" or "inconsistent". Does anybody say it as though it's his trademark? rarely. Because these ideas get thrown around and perpetuated. Dubinsky is inconsistent when it comes to scoring. And that is because he isn't a natural scorer. But he has shown improvement in each season. More and more consistent. He's 24 with 3 40 point seasons and cracked 20 goals in his 3rd season. You see many team looking to "dump" players like that that bring his package? All with a guy who's ceiling was much much lower as a prospect. But when they say fans of the Rangers aren't patient it isn't warranted? Even when a guy exceeds expectations, shows impressive tools with more potential, and improvement while early in his short career.

There was a time when they were pushing him as some kind of skilled forward. And I think that was a mistake because, and I do agree with this, that concept went to his head and he got away from being the power forward he should be. This was happening in his second season and early last season. But he had taken a good stride in the right direction last season. At least it was very apparent to me.