Old
04-28-2005, 11:04 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert
Ah, sorry about that.

I agree it would be really nice for him to score some more goals but I think the fact is that he is a playmaker. He has a nice wristshot though, but even at this stage in his career he doesn't use it enough.

I remember reading a forcaster for 1996-97 (after Koivu's rookie year) and they said pretty much the same thing. He's got a quality shot, but needs to use it more. At this point in his career this probably won't change much.

If he stays healthy for a full season, he can get 20 G which is pretty good for a playmaker. Setting people up is his bread and butter, and I think he's really good at it. As long as he helps the team win whether with goals or assists, I will be happy with his play.
I agree with you completely. I think he is a heck of a playmaker, and I admire his spirt and grit. I though his 70 point performance a year or so back was inspirational - to say the least.

What I don't care for is the way some Hab fans make him out to be a superstar - he is not. I like Koivu a lot - I just don't think he is at the level that some suggest. And, to be quite honest, I don't really see him as a true #1 center. I think he'd be better off as a #2 - hopefully with some big goal scoring wingers.