View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
frito

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
The whole locker room thing is part of my anxiety for getting into hockey. Not that I have any issues with modesty - after giving birth in front of my in-laws buck naked (twice!), I have none left. But I don't want to step on any toes either. I'll be all like, "where do I go? What is the etiquette?" It won't be an issue on the women's league, but what if I go try the beginner pickup game? I suppose I'll just see what the norm is.
I'm a guy and have females on a few of my teams. On one team the females changed in the locker room with the guys. They don't hesitate to change everything. I would usually just face the wall while changing my shorts or cover with a towell when I headed for the showers. No big deal. My current team has a couple females and they change in the ladies locker room. Again, no big deal. I do admit I knew the ladies on my first team better just by engaging in locker room conversations. I didn't even see the woman on my current team without her helmet on until we posed for the team photo after winning the championship this summer. They are also missing out on the post game beer by changing in the women's locker room.

Either way, just do what you and your team are comfortable with. As mentioned above, we're all adults.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote