View Single Post
Old
09-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Kostitsyn with a solid game as he clicked a little more with his teammates as he gets used to our system and players. His goal was a pretty simple redirect after Weber made a great pass. His play is a bit risky sometimes, so he will create turnovers during games, you wonder how far Trotz will go to limit his offensive play.

Lombardi seemed to create a ton of chances from his speed alone. Sometimes it looked like nothing was going to happen until he used his speed to create a turnover or beat a guy.

Lundmark was really poor, unless he has shown more in camp, I don't see him making the team.

Parent is slow to the puck but is able to get guys off the puck. His puck-handling skills leave much to be desired.

Bouillon stopped a sure goal in the third, but overall didn't look up to par, still struggled to get the puck out of the zone, and put Klein in a few bad positions tonight with poor passes trying to get out of the zone.

I see more struggles with our team moving the puck out of the defensive zone this season, forcing turnovers near the blueline or causing more icings.

I don't like Erat and Wilson together, you really need a shooter on that line.

The team overall was really close to getting a few more goals, oftentimes inches away from stringing together passes. Again, the ice played into this a bit.

And it's nice to see a captain stand up for teammates, we haven't had that in a while. Weber immediately went to challenge Byfuglien after his hit on Smithson late in the game. You don't want to see hits like that during preseason to be honest.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote