Thread: Proposal: Trade Dubinsky....... Now.
View Single Post
Old
09-28-2010, 12:35 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift of Gaborik View Post
He's 24. In his first year, he scored 40. In his second, he had a bit of a sophomore slump away from Jagr. Still scored 40. Last year, pro-rated to a full 82 games, he scored around 50. In a new position that is better suited to his skills and with the progression that comes along with a young player developing, he could certainly average 60-65 from ages 27-30, if not as soon as this season. We're not talking about an established veteran making a sudden jump, that would be illogical. We're talking about a young player scoring ten points more as they hit their prime. Sure, he could stabilize at 50 points, at which point he'd still be a valuable second line player. I just don't think it's smart to assume that he's done progressing when it comes to his trade value. Your entire post talks like he's already past his prime. He hasn't even begun it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
It's funny you bring up Kesler because Dubinsky has outscored him through their first four seasons. Kesler: 5, 23, 16 (short season), 37. Duber: 0, 40, 41, 44. Dubi is also two years younger than RK.

There is no reason to think that Dubinsky won't become a 60 point player.
Absolutely could be true. If they do wind up holding onto him, i hope you guys are right. But I personally don't see it - not like I see offensive upside in Anisimov, for example. I just don't think he has the native creative flair required to be at that next level of scoring. Which is precisely why I'm in favor of moving him. If you disagree, well then I understand why you want to keep him. Classic agree to disagree, I guess.

Last edited by BrooklynRangersFan: 09-28-2010 at 09:45 AM.