View Single Post
Old
09-28-2010, 03:07 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Do i like the idea of having Fedotenko around as DEPTH for injuries? Yes.

Do I like his versatility? Yes

Do I like the fact that Zuccarello was far and away our best forechecker last game and showed he gets the puck to the net and now Fedotenko is getting the nod over him simply because he's a "Torts guy" and scored one preseason powerplay goal after a miserable season on a STANLEY CUP caliber team? No. Not one bit.

I hope he does well, because I'll always root for a guy in a Rangers uniform. But I'd much rather have Zuccarello get a season under his belt than hope Fedotenko scores 25-25 and then leaves after a year or two. Unless Fedotenko helps us win the cup this year, it's not a good move. He's not a part of the future and he's absolutely taking a roster spot that could be filled by a young player who had done absolutely nothing yet to prove he CAN'T handle this level.
Alex Frolov says....

MZA also had a grand total of 1 shot on goal...so much for his ability to get the puck on the net.

Theres also no guarantee whatsoever that Fedotenko makes this team, MZA will very likely see time with the Rangers later this year once he adapts to the ice surface and the style of play. Fedotenko is ready now. thats all it comes down to. You do MZA no good by forcing him into a playing in a situation he isn't ready for.

The fact of the matter is, Fedotenko out played MZA by a WIDE margin. Torts said ppl would earn their spots based on their play. He's holding true to his word.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote