View Single Post
Old
09-28-2010, 01:33 PM
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Nice to see SK notched a goal. Read a few comments and thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

Lots of folks read him as uninterested. I personally don't see that. Strikes me as a subjective comment when somebody has nothing specific to criticize. He is not a frenetic run around kind of guy

He is primarily a play maker. Best in open ice or on rushes. Makes good strong passes. He works best when paired with guys who can get themselves into open ice or scoring position. In Montreal he spent the last season relegated to the checking line so that meant not so many points

Interesting bit of trivia. Habs were not a very high even strength scoring team. SK ended up 5th on the Habs in even strength scoring despite playing what amounted to half a season. Historically his +/- rating has always been good

SK is a useful guy on PK. Again he does not run around but generally gives good positional play to cover his check at the point

If he has a weakness on the ice I would have to say it is maintaining possession of the puck along the boards. He is not a turnover machine though

He's a good kid. Has a bit of a temper. Give him a shot and see what he does for you. If he gets put with the right line mates he could surprise you

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote