View Single Post
Old
09-28-2010, 10:44 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronxxx View Post
you know what's funny? the move isn't backfiring. buff has played well both games. the only comment i've heard that could be seen as negative is ramsay saying our d gets into the play "almost to a fault" after the carolina game. i really don't understand why everyone is still crying about the position change.
Because the organization didn't give up Morin, a 1st, and a 2nd to acquire a second-pairing defenseman and some parts. It just didn't. I firmly believe Dudley started trying to sell the fanbase on the idea of Buff playing D cos Buff wasn't happy, at all, with coming to this hockey outpost.

It's becoming clear that there are some serious issues with scoring goals. Buff, for better or worse, was being counted on by a lot of fans for about 20 goals (and my guess is mgmt thought so, too). On D, he may be lucky to get 10. You've neutered your offense a great deal by putting him back at D.

Now, sadly, I'm really starting to believe that race had more to do with acquiring Byfuglien (and Aliu) than originally thought. I find that disconcerting.