Thread: Post-Game Talk: Kings and some team, 8-3 Final.
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2010, 12:50 AM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Yes and no. I'm by no means happy with Quick giving up the goals, but really at that point in the game I don't care what Quick does. Giving up goals after not even touching the puck for 30 minutes in a blowout isn't reason to be concerned. On the other side of the coin, Quick only giving up 1 goal in 40 minutes doesn't give him brownie points over Bernier for the same reason. It's a blowout, and the score is more reflective of the ducks poor play than Quick keeping the Kings ahead.

Schenn's situation is different, he saw an opportunity to show the coaching staff that he can bring even more to the table than what he was drafted for. To me, that was a brilliant move by Schenn to show that if at the end of preseason Murray and Lombardi are debating between sending Schenn down or playing him on the 4th line, Schenn can handle a 4th line physical roll and can play tough just like Clifford or Clune can.
I agree with this. But this is the thing. Playing Schenn or Clifford on the 4th line just seems counter productive at this point. Playing anywhere from 7 to 14 mins a night is just not that good. When they can be playing 20 mins somewhere else.

Schenn is not a very good skater. He knows where to stand on the ice thats for sure he goes to all the Dangerous offensive places.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote