Thread: Confirmed with Link: Wade Redden assigned to HFD
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2010, 08:00 AM
Cake or Death

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
My problems are with Sather for making his 567th error since being here by acquiring Redden at that price and with fans who focus on a molecule-sized version of what the problem is by acting like the Rangers won the Cup because they demoted an overpaid, mediocre defenseman.
Two thumbs up. Demoting Redden does not solve the team's real problem. Redden may be out of the loop, but Sather is still in place. The same GM who drafted Jessimen ahead of Parise, Getzlaf, and Richards. The same GM who gave Bobby Holik 9 million per. The same GM who gave Redden the horrible deal in the first place (and Kasparitus, Gomez, Drury). The same GM whose team has won a whopping 14 playoff games since 2000. The same GM who said, "If I had the NY Rangers' payroll, my team would never lose" and then got that payroll and missed the playoffs 4 seasons in a row.

I do realize I am mentioning well-documented issues here. But that's the whole problem: these things are well-documented, this guy is a complete joke as a GM, the team still looks utterly mediocre and isn't close to being seriously competitive, and no one seems all that bothered by it. Personally, I'm not so certain that if a GM is so incompetent that he has to essentially end an NHL-caliber player's career by burying him in the minors to cover his gross mismanagement of the salary cap that said GM is qualified to run a hot dog stand.

I've been a hardcore NYR fan since the mid 70s, and I do feel I have a right to be pissed about Sather still having a job and the overall mismanagement of this team.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote