Thread: Confirmed with Link: Wade Redden assigned to HFD
View Single Post
Old
09-29-2010, 10:18 AM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
I have no problem with what sather did by demoting Redden.

My problems are with Sather for making his 567th error since being here by acquiring Redden at that price and with fans who focus on a molecule-sized version of what the problem is by acting like the Rangers won the Cup because they demoted an overpaid, mediocre defenseman.
Agreed, I'm not going to praise Sather for sweeping his own problems under the rug. Not to mention that waiving Redden is pretty much a no-brainer for a team that can afford to do it.

I think Redden is something like the 9th or 10th free agent signing since 2006 that has failed to finish out the duration of his contract with the Rangers.

Ward, Cullen, Gomez, Kalinin, Rissmiller, Voros, Kotalik, Brashear, and now Redden. Naslund retired with one year remaining on his contract so I can't really get on Slats for that. But his track record for FAs is horrendous... far more FA signings have been traded/waived than those that have stuck around. One would think that he would learn from his mistakes and stop making bad FA signings in the first place, but that remains to be seen.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote