View Single Post
Old
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
TBLfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TBLfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander102 View Post
They certainly are different, and I like them for different reasons. Bauer's have the best puck feel of any stick I ever used. The puck feels like it is part of the stick, and the stick feels like an extension of your hands. Their sticks just feel perfect.

The reebok's (Strictly the 7k and the 10k, I find the o sticks to be worthless) arent much for puck feel IMO, but the puck flies off my stick like no stick I ever used. I first noticed this the first time I used a 7k, and then the first time I used a 10k, it felt like I was firing missiles. They dont feel nearly as good as the Bauer's but the release on them is nothing short of incredible.

Not being able to decide which I like better, the feel or the release, I switch between them all the time, but I love both brands. Easton's on the other hand have always seemed to be more about the name and the price tag than the stick. Probably because since they came out with the original, they had the market cornered, and all the name recognition they needed. Other brands had to work harder on their products to compete with Easton.

Anyway, thanks for the info, it was very interesting, being that this stuff fascinates me

Edit: I especially found fascinating that the most popular stick in the NHL is the ST hidden under other graphics. I remember the original synergy wowed me when it first came out, and until I broke my last one, it still did. The original synergy was the last Easton to really wow me. Their 'higher end" sticks since then seemed to be much more about flash and marketing than substance compared to their competitors. The SL's and S17/S19's all paled in comparison to the higher end sticks by Reebok, Bauer, CCM and Warrior (although their graphics and stupid names turn me off from their products) yet when I used my original Synergys they still felt and performed great. So its very telling that the NHL guys still stick with the original.
Have you tried the 8.0.8? It's better than the 9KO by a lot. The 8.0.8 actually reminds me a lot of the V10 Catapult(which is made by the same OEM by the way). I really disliked both 7Ks and I thought the 10K was nice. I prefer the U+ and U+CL to anything Reebok is offering at the moment, heck even the pro 10K and 11K are made by the OEM making the U+CL instead of their retail OEM. The feel on the one95 is the best available in a composite, you can thanks Mission for that. The X:60 is where I expected the SL/SE to be at now, stiff blade, not great feel but great performance and pretty good durability.

The ST isn't soo much the favorite because it's better but moreso because it doesn't take an adjustment and it's rather durable. Look at guys like St Louis, he gets custom yellow graphics for familiarity. Phaneuf kept using the same puke green STs for longer than St Louis kept his! It's a rather well known fact that Crosby has used the same jock since he was an early teen, some NHLers are just weird with their gear and refuse to change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck44 View Post
Interesting, I didn't know all that. I think my old SL was my favorite stick out of the ones I've had/tried so far in terms of performance. It snapped on me when taking a slap shot not even a full season into getting it, but while it lasted it was great. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for a good deal on a SE16...
My advice, don't bother with the SE16, try to find a SL or SE. If you can't find one try a Bauer Vapor X:60 stick, it's pretty close in terms of feel and performance.

TBLfan is offline   Reply With Quote