Fantasy Hockey Thread
View Single Post
09-29-2010, 09:41 PM
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Live Standard Draft
Trade Reject Time:
Trade End Date:
March 3, 2011
Can't Cut List Provider:
Commish (if it's not serious it'll be obvious)
Post Draft Players:
Max Acquisitions per Week:
Min Games Played:
Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on:
Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams)
Playoff Seeding Options:
First 2 get a bye
C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, UTIL, UTIL, UTIL, UTIL, IR, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories:
Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Shots (SOG)
Goaltenders Stat Categories:
Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
After a few years of this I think these are the best settings. (A few explanations below)
1) No bench players - Constantly having to move your players around gets annoying after a while.
2) 4 UTIL - Pure Customization. There's usually a ton of centremen available and this gives you the chance to build the best possible lineup or add specialists (FW, SOG, +/-, PPP, etc.)
3) No PIMS - Just a retarded stat to be rewarded for and I don't want to have to pick goons in a fantasy league.
4) PO format - I love H2H but it's annoying when you dominate the whole season and then get knocked out early because of injuries or your goalies play like garbage for one week. The byes actually make the season count for something.
5) FW, SOG, etc. - I just like the stats and I find that if you take some of the categories away your team relies too much on the success of your goalies. Gotta spread the love.
I usually make one with friends but I'll start another one if people here are interested. Just send me a PM telling me when you want to do the draft (maybe Saturday afternoon before the last preseason game?).
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Playmaker09