Old
09-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Again, fair enough.

What about the guys above him on the penalty killing depth chart make them better than Datsyuk, though? He's the best faceoff guy on the team, the best takeaway guy on the team, has top defensive awareness and keeps the opposition defensemen wary... all attributes that should get him a nod as one of the league's best PK forwards.

I believe he deserves and HM at minimum.
Until you do it, you haven't done it. That's basically what it comes down to.

Datsyuk was essentially getting the tail-end of opposition PPs to keep them honest last year, while the brunt of the PK work was going to 7 other forwards on the team. Could Datsyuk excel as a regular PKer if given the opportunity? Probably. Does he deserve the distinction of being called a top PKer when he's been relied on so little to this point? I sure wouldn't say so.

Let's credit the people who've actually shown they can handle a significant PK workload before we start lauding them as being tops in the league. I mean, Crosby's the best faceoff man on his team, the 2nd best takeaway guy on his team, has good defensive awareness and certainly keeps the opposition defensemen wary...but I wouldn't call him one of the best PKers on the Pens.

Gotta earn it.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote