View Single Post
Old
09-29-2010, 11:15 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that if Weiss plays a whole season with Gaborik, he'll crack 70 pts. Love his game. Florida's asking price will probably be outrageous.
Weiss may not be an elite center, but he could be a very good one and his game goes great with Gaborik. I think he and Stepan actually have a bit in common in the way they play, though. On one hand, you could have a very nice one two punch, but on the other hand, you're giving up one of your few physical forwards in Dubinsky, if that is what it would cost (plus more, I'm sure) to get Weiss. I could go either way on that. I def. think Weiss is the better player, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangersfan1416 View Post
Baseless speculation here, but with the Rangers also being interested in a defenseman, I wonder if they're looking at someone like Jan Hejda. Columbus has a lot of D men, and they seem high on some of the young guys like Kris Russell and John Moore.
Don't see why they would do that, since Hejda plays a totally different game. He's actually a very underrated defensive defenseman and I don't see any reason for them to move him. They don't have anyone to replace him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I like Tikhonov. I was surprised they sent him down last year. When he played with Hanzal, they were 2/3rds of a pretty good defensive line that also chipped in some offense. I see him as a 14-18 goal scorer with the occasional 20+ season. He's a 3rd year pro and just turned 22. For whatever reason, he doesn't seem to be Tippett's kind of guy.

I've only seen MacLean in exhibitions and scrimmages but he's not gotten a chance to play regular season with the big club. When Upshall as hurt last spring, he was brought to Phoenix and practiced with the Coyotes for several days but they sent him back down. That worries me because at the time they needed offense and he was a 30 goal guy in the AHL. His skating isn't great and I suspect he doesn't compete hard enough at both ends of the rink.

Unfortunately I haven't seen any preseason games so I can't comment on Sauer but I am pulling for him to make the big club. Great family, hard working player. If he gets moved, then I'd like to see him in Phoenix because he fills a very specific Coyote need. When he came up two years ago I thought he played well (I seem to remember Torts' saying the same) but wasn't he was benched in Pittsburgh because of a Paul Mara turnover?
I've always liked Sauer and I think it's ridiculous that he hasn't made the Rangers yet. He should have made the team last season. But I think the writing is on the wall and he's clearly not a guy who this team is that high on if it's even a question this season about him making it. Add his injury problems into the mix, and it's probably best for everyone if they deal him. I wouldn't be upset with a return of Tikhonov or MacLean. Both are intriguing, despite their potential to be busts. I'd be happy just the same keeping Sauer (as long as he played for the Rangers as a regular).

Quote:
I can't imagine the Coyotes would give up Boedker. He may be back in the AHL again at the start of the season but I think he will be a front line NHL player. He has shown some tremendous flashes. The Rangers have a lot of guys I would consider trading for him.
I can't imagine they'd give him up, either. He's a mega-talent. I would LOVE to see him on the Rangers. Be willing to give up a decent amount for him, too.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote