Marcus Nilson cut from the Devils - back in SEL?
View Single Post
09-30-2010, 05:38 AM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by
Crappy translation but you get the idea.
Exactly what Marcus wants himself remains to be seen but this says Djurgårdens club director Tommy
- This summer we offered Marcus a four-year contract which he refused as he wanted to see if he could find a place in the NHL. We told Marcus that if that didnt work out, we want him to come back. We said that he is welcome but also that "it will not be the same money, just so you know." So he knows about, "says Engstrom to the blog, and continues:
- Exactly where we stand right now, I do not know. He probably wants to play in Djurgarden, we believe, and we'd love to have him but we have not initiated any concrete negotiations yet. And when I talked to the agent (Claes Elefalk),
) had still not spoken to him.
So you do not know if he's home yet?
- No, but I know he is on his way home and it is the most important. Then the economy puts the framework for how it will turn out. I can not say that to we at any price in the world will take get back Marcus but it gets on the economic conditions that apply now and we can accept. And Marcus knows about it.
What what will happen now, will you call and extend a hand?
- Well, we have had a dialogue with Claes (Elefalk, agent) all the time, I know him well for a long time and we have had a dialogue about Marcus, but we have not had any concrete discussions yet. But we are interested and we know Marcus. Then it's one thing to be interested and another on what he wants within the scope of the economy that we can accept.
Are there still four-year contract as you would like to discuss or is it another time scale as now?
- Actually, we are back to square one. We'll see what happens, "says Engstrom.
Doesn't really say much, hopefullt they get it done. Hard to see Mackan on another team.
I believe they will sort it out someway.
Thanx for the interview.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Komarov47