View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 08:41 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, you're right. I was referring to a traditional bottom-six which ours certainly is not. If he doesn't hurt the line too much defensively, I think he'd be a much better fit on that line than Ward right now because it would provide us with three scoring lines.

Trotz has many options right now, almost too many, and it'll be interesting to see how he sorts it all out to start the year...
Seth, when I spoke with Trotz last Thursday, he definitely wants to field three scoring lines- with two of those lines being two-way lines that he'd "have no qualms playing against any other line".

He definitely seemed to want to get away from a line so specialized as the Smithson-Legwand-Ward line.

I do think he's having an interesting time trying to find the right combination of playmakers and scorers on each line as it was something he stressed during the conversation. Of course, it might have something to do with what I believe is an overabundance of playmakers and almost a complete lack of true scorers after Hornqvist.

My thoughts on the original question...

Putting aside the potential of players not currently on the roster:

Lindback. Playing the full game last night likely cinched it.

Cal O'Reilly is in. Never a question about Smithson making it since Spaling went down.

If they feel like they will not lose either to waivers, neither Johnson or Sulzer make it. I feel that they'll go with six defensemen and keep Jonas Andersson. This gives Trotz the most flexibility to find those right forward combinations while having a defense in which he's comfortable.

Truthfully, I think the only real question left is Andersson vs. Johnson.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote