Thread: Rumor: Steve zipay twitter
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 08:51 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Weiss may not be an elite center, but he could be a very good one and his game goes great with Gaborik. I think he and Stepan actually have a bit in common in the way they play, though. On one hand, you could have a very nice one two punch, but on the other hand, you're giving up one of your few physical forwards in Dubinsky, if that is what it would cost (plus more, I'm sure) to get Weiss. I could go either way on that. I def. think Weiss is the better player, though.

Don't see why they would do that, since Hejda plays a totally different game. He's actually a very underrated defensive defenseman and I don't see any reason for them to move him. They don't have anyone to replace him.

I've always liked Sauer and I think it's ridiculous that he hasn't made the Rangers yet. He should have made the team last season. But I think the writing is on the wall and he's clearly not a guy who this team is that high on if it's even a question this season about him making it. Add his injury problems into the mix, and it's probably best for everyone if they deal him. I wouldn't be upset with a return of Tikhonov or MacLean. Both are intriguing, despite their potential to be busts. I'd be happy just the same keeping Sauer (as long as he played for the Rangers as a regular).

I can't imagine they'd give him up, either. He's a mega-talent. I would LOVE to see him on the Rangers. Be willing to give up a decent amount for him, too.
Agreed. Weiss has the type of game that I think would mesh very well with Gaborik. Having lived in South Florida almost my whole life and been to many Panthers games, I have to say Weiss is very underrated around here. He can sure thread the needle with his passing ability. Depending on what else we would have to give up, I would not be hesitant to include Dubinsky as part of the package to get him.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote