Thread: Speculation: Theodore, a possible choice?
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Kaktus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
There's a difference between saying "Boucher is better," and "Theodore is not worth it."

Given our team's current defensive lineup and position, Theodore isn't really worthwhile IMO. Just use Boucher to start the year, see how he does. If he sucks, we have options in Backlund and Bobo to try in-house.

The last thing we need is Theodore coming in, becoming the starter and being okay during the year, then falling apart under the pressure when games start to matter. We already have guys who can do that and don't need to waive anybody to do it.
Let me repost facts for you.

I can also include stats from last seasons, SV, SA, games played in front of d-men like Greene, Poti etc etc..
Why would anyone want Bobrovsky riding a bench behind Boucher. Whats the point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Fact is, the guy has played in 548 career games, has a career 2.68 GAA and .908 Save Percentage. He's head and shoulders above what is in Philadelphia right now and anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless to the cause. Theodore would give this team a better chance to win. If the Flyers have to rely on Boucher as the starter, they're dead in the water. Boucher is a washed up hack. If Bobrovsky is going to be the back up while Leighton is hurt, I'd rather him learn from someone who was a Vezina and Hart trophy winner.