View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 12:32 PM
sa cyred
Offseason...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
gotta think chemistry is going to be an issue with the Phantoms for a little while, until things get sorted out with all the new guys. patience is going to be needed until sometime in November I would think.
Its gonna be interesting to see who makes the team. They have WAYYY to many guys, and a team of just pure young players isnt always a good thing. Vets are needed to help teach the young guys. Last season, the vets were bad (Ward, Mormina, etc etc) but hoping this season 1 or 2 vets can help lead them. I dont expect them to jump up in scoring but with either Bob or Backlund in net, with a blueline that consists of Lehtivouri, Gustafsson, Marshall, and Bourdon, they have to be alittle more solid defensively.

Offensively will be a mystery. Guys like Legein, Maroon, Pither, Testwuide, Holmstrom, Nodl, and Laliberte made the team. Rinaldo most likely does with someone like Klotz on the buttom line. Harper seems to be on that buttom line, and Rowe, from what I saw in his one preseason game, looked to be decent. Then we have Wellwood who is still up with the Flyers. Then you got McGinn who is trying to make the team. I still would like maybe one vet, but there are way to many players this season trying out. Any way you see it, there will be people sitting (or playing in say the ECHL, which I dont think is a great league to have a prospect in)