View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
I think people are really overrating Gerber here. He looked decent, not great. If Smid doesn't knock the puck out of the air, then that's two bad goals in half a game last night. He's a good insurance policy, but I'd rather go with either of the young guys in the NHL at this point. I think Dubnyk's looked solid, and JDD is what he is; an athletic goalie who will get caught out of position once in a while but can also make saves few goalies can. His numbers weren't that bad last year either, I think he proved he can play in the NHL.

I think this is another case of fans warming up to the shiny new toy and choosing to overlook any of the negatives. I'm guilty of it too. We did it with Cole, POS, Lupul, etc etc.
Yeah, so I get that, but he still only allowed 1 goal in all of his Preseason time, especially playing a decent roster in Van without much infront of him. JDD has looked shaky and DD has looked underwhelming.

Maybe he's being overrated a bit, but you're clearly underrating what he's done.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote