View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 12:55 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
More thoughts

Semin seemed to fall down quite a bit. Kinda like Zuby used to do. His passing looked nice, I don't know if he was credited with any shots against the Flyers, but I can't remember anything that good. I was hoping he would look a little better carrying the puck, but I thought he was average there too. He did have some nice passes.

My comment about Doig and Kiwi looking more confident. Well let me first say that I absolutely couldn't stand Kiwi last season. But he looked more confident on offense. Doig would go for the big hits last season and often take himself out of the play. I think I might have seen him do that only once against the Flyers. He made some really nice hits.

As for Capscrazy46's comments about Fortin. I was right behind him as he let the puck trickle through the crease for an easy tap in. I thought he played poorly. But, I sit at the end the Caps shoot at twice, so maybe I didn't have a great view of him the 1st and 3rd periods. The 2nd period he was *****. I totally disagree with your comments about Gruden. I thought he played much better than Kiwi last season.

However I did think that Boumedienne looked lost at times.

I'm not sure what defensive pairs contributed to which Flyers goals, but I thought Olie was off. We gave up a few really lame goals.b