View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Arpeggio

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
Yeah, so I get that, but he still only allowed 1 goal in all of his Preseason time, especially playing a decent roster in Van without much infront of him. JDD has looked shaky and DD has looked underwhelming.

Maybe he's being overrated a bit, but you're clearly underrating what he's done.
First, I don't think Gerber looked good last night. And maybe I'm completely off-base, but I didn't really get all the criticism for JDD's game. The first goal bounced off Reddox, and the second was a man alone in front. He made some nice saves too. And I don't think DD's looked all that bad either.

Basically it boils down to I guess me not seeing the same things other fans are seeing in our goalies. And I don't think you can put Gerber ahead of either youngster based on 60 minutes of preseason hockey, 30 of which he didn't look all that great.

I mean, do you just throw out last season? JDD played well last year, and Dubnyk was solid at the end of the year. I think at best the difference between all three of the goalies is negligible, and in that case I go with one of the younger goalies who may have a future with the team.

I could be very, very wrong though.

Edit: Let me qualify my opinion on DD. Yeah he let in a really bad goal, but I don't think you can decide to drop him based on that. It was his first PS game of the season, goalie's are just getting back in the groove. Is Schneider a horrible prospect now because the Oilers put up 8 on him? No. I liked what I saw from DD positionally.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote