Thread: Deutschland Cup
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 02:26 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
munich has some good fans, but not many. it's no hockey town. it's all about soccer.
the german federation thinks that people from other areas of bavaria will come to watch the games, but i somehow doubt it.

former NHLers...hm...that can have so many different meanings. i'd expect a pretty young german team with some interesting players. gogulla, dietrich, justin krueger with a NA hockey background for example.

switzerland usually brings the best team too, always worth watching IMO.

team canada should be full of former NHLers, but those AHL-callup-minor leaguers with few NHL games who are now in europe. not worth watching usually.

and slovakia should have a decent team too. probable former NHLers could be miro zalesak and ivan majesky

if you can enjoy solid hockey and don't expect NHL-like skill you might like the tournament, but i'd say it depends on travel/ticket prices. i wouldn't spend much.
With players like Demitra, Svatoš or possibly Šatan or Zedník playing in Europe this season , I really don´t see those two players making team Slovakia. Though I think it is unlikely that they will play at Deutschland Cup and if I got Glen Hanlon´s intentions he will probably play young players at DC (and the other tourneys like Arosa Cup etc,) from KHL or the Czech/Slovak leagues. Undepending what teams he selects though I think my prediction is right that they will bore the attendance to death with their game like team Slovakia always does during this tournaments of friendly games.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote