View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
To be perfectly honest, I'd be shocked if Pyatt didn't start. He's one of Martin's favorite players, and probably has the best work ethic amongst all the young forwards on the team. What wouldn't shock me is Eller starting the year on the 2nd line and Pouliot getting benched. But if Pouliot starts, the lineup will almost surely look like this:

Cammy-Plex-AKost
Pouliot-Gomez-Gionta
Lapierre-Boyd-Eller
Moen-Halpern-Pyatt
White-Darche

That said, whenever we play a more goon-like team, I could see Halpern getting taken out for White. Martin might just take Halpern out of the lineup a lot, especially if his knee is acting up or something. Maybe there's a plan in place for Halpern and White to split time, regardless of injuries. In any event, there will obviously be injuries, and a guy like White will surely play a bunch of games this year. By this time next year, White and Maxwell will probably be on the team as the extra forward or a regular.
It's believed Halpern was brought in to take away pk time and defensive match ups for pleky, so he could focus more on offense.

Doesn't matter if we play a goon type team, Halpern will still be in unless he's hurt. Also, Halpy is a team guy, so if people are taking runs, he'll try and fight them. He beat up Eric Staal once. Other than that, I think he's lost every other fight.