Thread: Proposal: Make us a contender
View Single Post
Old
09-30-2010, 09:14 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So why destroy all the progress we've made over the past several seasons by blowing it all up for 1 guy who probably won't be enough to help us win it all?
Moving Dubi, Anisimov, and Rozy and bringing in a 30 yr old #1 center = blowing it all up? We'd still have Staal, DZ, Cally, Gaborik, Stepan, Girardi, McDonagh, Valentenko, Gilroy, MZA, Grachev, Kreider, Sauer, McIlrath, Bourque, Weise, Werek, Frolov, Kennedy....

It's not like we become the Islanders by trading Dubi, Ani, and Rozy... I think the 1st round pick hurts more than any of those losses, especially when a 1st line center is coming back (Lecav already signed til he's 40 (good and bad), and I think Richards would likely sign an extension to finish his career in NY playing for Torts and on a very good young team with Gaborik and Lundqvist.

The team would finally have a legit championship core in Richards, Gaborik, and Lundqvist with Staal and DZ being the stars on defense, not to mention Frolov (who I think will end up being extended as well) and a lot of young players in their proper roles as they continue to improve.

I certainly understand the perspective that we should stay the course until Drury + Rozy come off the books, or HOPE that Richards hits the FA market and we can outbid everyone else (not even a totally good thing). I'm not even necessarily 100% on the other side. But I think some of you are overreacting about trading a guy who held out and may hold out again for more money, Anisimov (who no doubt has a ton of potential), and a defenseman who has been made expendable by our young players for a legit championship caliber centerman.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote