View Single Post
Old
10-04-2003, 01:33 PM
MOOSE55

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
The only move that surprises me is Flinn being sent down instead of Brennen.....like it was said in a earlier thread, Brennen and Flinn are there for one reason, and it isn't to score. Flinn is more feared, and more well liked by the fan base.

Grebs and Cammy(injury excluded) only lost spots on the roster because of injury. I'm happy that Gleason made the team, with the camp he had, he deserved it. DT wanted a d-man with bite, well here it is, a guy that plays a Rob Blake game, that didn't cost us anything.

Yes the defense is a big ????, but give them a couple of weeks before you start whinning. If it doesn't work then we make a trade.....it's that SIMPLE!......we're stocked at forward and have one of the best farm systems in the league to bargin with.

We had 3 holes comming in to this season.....goaltending, top6/2nd line center, and defense......We got 2 out of 3, and we should be happy with that considering we've done much less in other offseasons. Cechmanek is an improvement, Stumpel is our top 6/#2 center (at least when he plays with Palffy), plus we got Luc back who might be a top 6 and might not, but he plays like he did in camp then I believe he is. Plus we got another bonus in Klatt who is a solid guy on any team....we also brought in Hnilicka to further solidify the goaltending incase the bug hits the goalies as well. I believe that DT has no problem with the D we have and considering some of his magical work in the past, I'll trust him. I think we should give the D a chance.