View Single Post
Old
10-01-2010, 11:59 AM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
No. There's no comparison. I think that you can't just swap names from that era to this and say it all may end up the same, unless you are very very negative. You have a right to be, if that's the case, but Lampman does not equal Del Zotto. Obviously.

There is a culture change in the organization, there has been a solid core developing. There are superstars signed to long term deals. There is character in the locker room and on the ice.

It is very different.
I'm not saying it will all end up the same. I am however saying we've been in phases of rebuilds for quite some time and with nothing to really show for it. It's now where we finally have some kind of foundation in place; but again I ask...compared to the top teams out there will this foundation/pool that we are developing be among the best? During the Renney era it was a culture change as well. There was character during that era when Jagr was around. We got more out of Jagr as a captain than we got out of Drury as a captain.

It seems as if we go through waves of "rebuilds" as some of you like to call it and from the retooling we haven't had many players stick until of late. Late should be underline. Henrik came into this league when he was 23-24. He is now pushing 29.

Let's not forget that Tyutin was claimed to be the first comers of the rebuild. Which is what we called it again back then. If things were done properly ( asset managing, drafting, and even trades right before/after the lockout yr) it wouldn't be dragging like this.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote