View Single Post
Old
10-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Headcoach

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckmover View Post

my question im currently using a drury curve, which i found at first my slapshots went high but later on when i turned my wrist over i got more control over my shots, which is good, but now i feel the heel curve hinders my stick handling, any suggestions for a good blade pattern for a puck moving defence,

thanks in advance,

adam
Ok, this might sound crazy...but did you check the stick length? Maybe it's too short or maybe it too long. Sometimes, not all the time, heel hindering comes from an incorrect length of the stick. That is if I understand your question correctly.

Check the length of the stick by placing the blade on the ground and the stick shaft touching your nose. mark the stick just under you nose and then cut it on that mark for the proper length.

Now, maybe you are saying in your head...I know this dumb a**. But just because you have played college, doesn't mean you know. Why? I have seen too many college kids with the wrong length on their stick. And when I confronted them...they said they didn't know. Now just because you said college...was that College Club Hockey? You see, I don't know.

So this this first before you change!

Head coach