View Single Post
Old
10-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Concussed

vCash: 272
Well, I have a few.

First no-no for me - don't wind up and take huge slap shots during warm-ups if you can't put the puck on net. Sometimes we warm up with the "montreal" drill deal which is basically just a cross ice pass and then skate out to the blue line, turn back toward the net, get the pass and take a shot on net and go to the other corner. It never fails that I'll get pelted in the back of the leg or knee while I'm trying to find a puck in the corner, because some guy on my team took a bad angle slap shot that went 5 feet wide and straight into the corner. Kind of the same thing applies if you get out on the ice before the goalie, don't be taking slap shots while guys are skating behind the net trying to get their legs going.

Second, kind of a no brainer for me - don't take out a guys feet if your racing in the corner for a loose puck. Broke a leg that way in highschool hockey.

Third, don't argue with the refs if you get called for an obvious penalty. It just makes you look like an idiot. Bonus idiot points for trying to fight with a ref.

Concussed is offline   Reply With Quote