Thread: Proposal: Make us a contender
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube Sock View Post
You could probably get Richards for a roster player, a upper level prospect and a pick. Your deals are beyond over payment.
Pass me what you're drinking.

What reason does Dallas have to trade their #1 center who had 90 points last season? First of all, they'd probably like to re-sign him for the rest of his career. If not, they're not going to feel pressure to move him until the deadline. We would have to sweeten the deal enough to make them change their minds.

Roster player (Dubinsky), upper level prospect (Anisimov is one year removed from being that and still a rather unknown quantity), and a pick (I proposed a 1st and 2nd.) So you're suggesting almost the same thing, yet mine is "beyond overpayment." Anisimov hasn't proven much at this level. He's still an unknown. With that said, I'd rather move him than Kreider or Stepan. He also certainly has more value than Grachev.

Furthermore, look at what the devils traded for Kovalchuk AT THE DEADLINE. He could've been a rental for a mere 2 months and they still had to give up a king's ransom. In Richards, we're only talking about a guy who OUTSCORED Kovalchuk last season, yet some of you think Dubi, Ani, Rozy, 1st,2nd is MASSIVE OVERPAYMENT ??? It's probably not EVEN enough to make them trade him! Get real!

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote