Thread: Speculation: Theodore, a possible choice?
View Single Post
Old
10-01-2010, 09:30 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1645
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
Oilers fan here, just curious how long Leighton is supposed to be out? I thought I read a month somewhere, is this true? Or shorter?

Also, I can attest to the poster who was referencing Gerber in camp...he looked very solid in the games he played in camp, but most likely not worth it for you guys...I actually think he could be a little better stop-gap goalie than Boucher but why sign take on another contract when at BEST you get someone slightly better for a month...or worse, he ends up being no better than Boucher
Estimated at a month. The original diagnosis was just a couple of days until the medical staff reevaluated the MRIs. The team likes Bobrovsky, and he's had an impressive camp, it's a matter of more seasoning on the AHL level or possibly riding the pine at the NHL level if Boucher is the starter. Backlund, the other goalie, has been hurt much of camp and he could be the designated reserve once the regular season starts. With just two back-to-back games in October, it's likely Boucher for one role.