Thread: Speculation: Theodore, a possible choice?
View Single Post
Old
10-02-2010, 10:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'd have to disagree with this. Aside from game two, Niemi was playing at the same level as Leighton. Yes Leighton let up a soft goal that ended the series, but that doesn't mean he played so much worse than Niemi. I honestly believe, and I have said this before, that if the Flyers didn't lose on that goal, no one would be talking about how bad Leighton is. The reason everyone is (was) up in arms about Leighton was because he let in a bad goal at a bad time. If he had done that in the first period of game 1, no one would remember it. Wrong place at the wrong time. Leighton was but one reason for losing the Cup. Kane scored a one in a million fluke goal. End of story.
the Sharp goal in game 6 was freakin terrible as well. I remember that one. Leighton was pulled twice in the Cup Final. When was the last time that happened? never?. I am not saying Niemi was good by any means, but Leighton was much worse then Niemi. If the Flyers had Niemi and the Hawks had Leighton we would have had the parade down Broad Street.