View Single Post
Old
10-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
Just wish the article would've expanded on the up and down nature of the competing D-men. I saw some good plays and some awful plays (Mostly by Eminger tho) and would've liked to see someone elses opinion in writing about it.
Sorry, it was very late at night. I was unimpressed with Del Zotto's play last night--both on the power play and at even strength. Too many home run passes attempted, as well as positioning issues on D. McDonagh was up and down as was expected of a rookie. Eminger had an okay first period and then not so much. I still think that Staal is making up for his lack of work in camp during the negotiations. Some very good plays and some unusual disasters for him. Gilroy had the usual defensive issues, and was jumping into the play less. On the other hand, I do not remember worrying about his play as I sometimes have in the past. Girardi was not paired with Staal for most of the night and often had to try to compensate for his "new" partner. But I am confident that he will be okay during the season.

That's just my rough impressions. Sorry for the informal nature, but hope it helps.

Last edited by Leslie Treff: 10-02-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote